Planning a holiday this summer? It’s time to refresh your swimwear collection! Here at Camille, we think all bodies are beach-ready beautiful, but bearing our bods on the beach or by the pool can feel a little daunting – no matter your body type. To help you feel your best and body confident this year, we’ve created a guide to choosing swimwear to help flatter every shape and size.
What swimwear suits my shape? Pear Shapes
Pear-shaped ladies tend to have slim shoulders and waist with wider hips and bottom than their bust. If your weight is distributed to lower half of your body, there are a few swimwear tricks to try to flatter your shape:
- Try a halter neck bikini top or swimsuit to accentuate your bust and draw attention to the upper half of your body.
- Opting for plain bottoms and a brighter, patterned top with detailing can also help with this trick!
- High leg bikini bottoms are a good way to flatter your proportions and elongate the leg too.
What bikini suits my shape? Hour Glass Shapes
The classic, curvy hour-glass shape is characterised by a full bust, rounded hips and a proportionally narrower waist. There are lots of flattering styles you can wear to suit your shape if you’re a timeless hourglass – try these tricks to enhance and embrace your curves:
- Opt for bikini tops with built-in support if you have a fuller bust, such as an underwire and adjustable straps.
- Avoid flimsy triangle bikinis; a halter-neck or traditional bra-style both work well to flatter and support.
- Try high-leg bikini bottoms that sit on or above the hip to emphasise your narrow waist!
What swimwear suits my shape? Apple Shapes
Apple-shaped ladies typically have broader shoulders and a fuller bust and midriff in comparison to their narrow hips and slimmer legs. If your body type fits into this category and you’re looking for swimwear to suit your shape, there are a few great options you can consider:
- If you’re self-conscious about your midriff, try a tankini that skims over your stomach and creates a smooth and flattering silhouette.
- Opting for a ruched-front swimsuit or one with panelling can also give the stomach a svelter appearance.
- High-waisted, high-leg retro-style bikini bottoms also do a great job to flatten the stomach and highlight those enviable legs!
What bikini should I wear? Rectangle Shapes
Athletic body types such as rectangles tend to have a slim, straight body with fairly even measurements between the hips, waist and bust. If you have an athletic build and are wondering which swimwear suits your shape, there are lots of ways to flatter your frame! Try:
- Making the most of your smaller bust with a triangle or bandeau bikini top.
- Or creating the illusion of a larger bust with a bra-style top with built-in padding to enhance cleavage.
- Choosing feminine frills and ruching on your bikini tops and bottoms to help create a curvier frame.
Whatever your body shape, here at Camille we have the perfect bikinis, tankinis and swimming costumes to flatter every figure. Explore our full range of swimwear to pack in your suitcase this year and choose from beautiful sarongs, kaftans and more beachwear to complete the look!