Security & Privacy and Data Protection
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Camille and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Camille is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
How we use your data
Camille uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered accounts that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to manage customer service interactions with you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Camille uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest discounts and offers.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or by contacting Camille via the Contact us page on our web site, telephone 01332 363745 or email email@example.com
Camille does track whether an email newletter has been opened or not, so we can learn which email newsletters are the most relevan to our customers.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Camille only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls
Camille will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so by law to comply with our legal obligations; to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases); for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What personal information do we collect?
Camille may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on the Camille website;
- your passwords;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Camille
How we protect your data
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time,
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
Processing customer personal data
Camille relies on the customer’s consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Camille collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
What are cookies?
Copyright and trademark statement: All rights reserved. The material on this site is protected by copyright throughout the world and is owned by Camille Lingerie Ltd or its licensors.You may read, print and download it for private use only.You may provide a link (not a framed link) to this site from any other business or business information or service website but not (unless expressly agreed to by ourselves in writing) in any way which gives the impression that we are associated with or have approved such other site. You may not commercialise or otherwise copy it without our permission. Use of this site is subject to our terms and conditions of use.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.